Friday, February 1, 2013

Pedal to the Metal

I've been taking classes in metalsmithing for the last few months and I love this medium. My favorite part is texturing metal and then adding patinas. I have etched, hammered and fold formed brass, copper and silver and have made some earrings, bracelets and pendants which show all these techniques. You can see them in my etsy store and I'll post some pictures here.
artnest on etsy

Hammered brass dangle earrings
Fold formed Brass cuff

Pierced and textured sterling silver pendant with brass underneath.

Etched copper earrings with patina

Fold formed dangle earrings with patina

1 comment:

Sherri ~ daintytime said...

Lovely. Good work. Remember that class at Penland and how they were hammering away. It's really engrossing to work small and detailed like that.