Sunday, January 20, 2013

Needle Felting: Roving and Hand Dyed Silk

It's been really cold and foggy in Seattle for the last five days. I've been battling the dreariness with color! Coral and Turquoise have been the basis of my color palette and roving, hand dyed silk and beads have been my materials.

I wanted to experiment with dyeing very lightweight silk and used ColorHue dyes which are used in cold water and don't require heat setting. Very simple but you can get some great results.

The roving was already dyed and has great subtleties of color in each bunch.
Here are the results of my experiments.

Coral Roving with silk and embroidered french knots

Turquoise Roving with stitched orange line

Turquoise roving with silk and stitched lines.

Needle felted turquoise roving, hand dyed silk and beads.

No comments: